Elementary knowledge of electricity and/or physics is recommended, but is not required.
In the context of your work, have you ever asked yourself the following questions?
- Who are the stakeholders in the electricity supply system, and what are their roles and responsibilities?
- How does the electricity supply system work, and what are its main components?
- What safety and protection systems are in place in the grid?
- What exactly is the difference between current, voltage, power and energy?
- What are active and reactive power, and why are they important?
- How is network power quality influenced?
- How are supply and demand matched in electricity markets, and what can the role of storage be?
- How is it decided which production units supply electricity?
- What is meant by power flow and network congestion?
- What effects do renewable energy resources have on the grid and the market?
For more information and registration, please refer to the leaflet and the registration form.
This course is also available on request in English or Dutch (course content, location and duration can be adapted to your specific wishes). Please contact us for more information.
- voltage, current power and energy
- electromagnetic fields
- Ohm's law
- conductors, insulators, inductors and capacitors
- batteries and inverters
- active and reactive power
- Grounding and protection:
- grounding systems
- overcurrent protection
- Grid structure:
- function and voltage levels
- grid components
- Direct current vs. alternating current, three-phase systems
- Load and generation:
- grid capacity
- distributed and renewable generation, load and coincidence
- power flow and voltage control
- load duration curve
- Electricity markets:
- stakeholders and their roles
- balancing supply and demand
- ancillary services
- unit commitment and economic dispatch
- challenges and developments in power markets
- market coupling and European international developments
Anyone whose work involves the electricity supply system directly or indirectly, and who wants to increase their understanding of the related issues.
Do you need more information?
Electricity supply system introductory course
Download our brochure
Energy Academy brochure
Download our brochure
Download an overview of our open enrolment courses
Energy Academy newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter
Request an in-house or customised training course
Find out about our training courses in other sectors
Explore the maritime training courses
Oil & Gas Academy
Explore the oil & gas training courses
Business Assurance Academy
Explore the business assurance training courses
Explore the software training courses