The purpose of the CPR Regulation 89/106/EEC is to ensure the free movement of all construction products within the European Union by harmonizing national laws with respect to the essential requirements applicable to these products in terms of health and safety. The essential requirements are not addressed to the product as such but to the finished construction, which assume that the product is used as intended by the manufacturer.
Manufacturers of construction products can use harmonized European standards for CE marking purposes only after they have been published in the Official Journal. The requirements in the standards shall take into account one or several of the following essential requirements:
- Mechanical resistance and stability.
- Safety in case of fire.
- Hygiene, health and the environment.
- Safety in use.
- Protection against noise.
- Energy economy and heat retention.
How can we help?
Manufacturers wishing to CE-mark their products to specific harmonized standards under the CPR can be assisted by us on a global basis. We are notified as a CPR Notified Body (No. 1162) and can deliver certification services according to the following products or product groups subject to the regulation:
- Bitumen and bituminous binders.
- Fixed fire-fighting products.
- Cements, building limes and other hydraulic binders.
- Masonry and related products.
- Structural metallic products and ancillaries.
- Aggregates Road construction products.
- Building hardware related to doors, gates and windows.
On request we can audit and certify the manufacturers Factory Production Control system and/or the product itself.
We can also provide guidance and training for a better understanding of the requirements in the specific harmonized standards as well as in the CPR Regulation 89/106/EEC.